Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My First Novel

Today at exactly 4:10 pm, I finished my first novel. It felt good. It is technically only a novella right now at somewhere between 40-50k words. It is saved in chapters at the moment so I don't have a total word count. I've written over 40k since I started keeping track, and I can't recall how many chapters into it that was. Easy to look up, hard to muster the motivation to do it. I hope both of my readers are having success in their writing endeavors as well.

R.

5 comments:

riotimus said...

Word count, for now, is about 52k. Page count is about 220.

R.

Ben said...

Woo-hoo! Rock on!

Gretschzilla said...

I'm going to start reading the portion you sent me soon. I'm very excited for you. This is quite an accomplishment.

Ing said...

Awesome! You rock.

I've been out of the writing loop for a couple weeks; Thanksgiving vacation, then some stupid sort of writing block or something. Going to try to get a little bit done today, though.

When you're fully finished, are you going to shop it around for publishing? Maybe do the indie thing?

Anonymous said...

I meant to say this before, but congratulations!!! So, what are you going to do now?