Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I Think I'm Addicted to AFI...

Work is a super bummer. I had my annual review today. I received satisfactory remarks on every level, and it earned me my 3% cost of living raise. I imagine a CEO or regional manager making six figures coming up with the idea that a flat percentage raise was the fair way to go; that way the $16,640 forklift operator would be happy knowing that his $520 raise was actually equal to the $3,092.78 raise that went to their $100,000 dollar corporate counterpart. It's right there in the math: 3% for each of them. Just something that's on my mind today.

R.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

carrot and a stick
it is these A-holes that make six figures that tell us that there is no money for a raise. so we keep pushing for more sales and customers so the A-holes can make more bonus money with the empty promise of more income for the people doing the legwork. When the 3% comes around, we are condescended upon and should be grateful that there is 3% in the budget.