Tuesday, December 05, 2006

To Win, or Not to Win

Just in case you were wondering to yourself, "Self, I wonder how R's story CoC did in that one contest?" and then you had to think about which contest because it seems like R has stuff scattered all over the place right now, I have news, or at least some convincing gossip. A peer of mine found out that he took 2nd Place middle of last week. So either my victory letter ended up at the mailman's house or I got SHOT DOWN like a Cobra attack copter vs. an insurgent with a rocket launcher. I make it sound more traumatic than it really is, I'm sure. It may be that I am the absolute sorest loser any of my friends have had the misfortune of playing Katan, Axis & Allies, MERP, Yahtzee, or any other assorted game with, but my motto today is Not Winning is Different than Losing. That's right. It's the road I'm driving today.

In other news, my Custer paper kicked my professor upside the head like Bruce Lee, or Chuck Norris, or at least like Jackie Chan. Based on the rave reviews the Cather paper received, I don't think I shall post it because we all know Cather is way more interesting than the Battle of Little Big Horn. Or close at least. I can only imagine what html will do to footnotes. It might be worth posting just to find out.

In yet more news, I resolved the romance issue in novel #1 (which I think I will call The Big Smackdown) when I gave my story "To Turn on One's Own" a good looking over. I won't bother you with the details, but I think it will add a nice dynamic tension to the situation. So there you have it.

Don't be afraid to Rock, and Write On.

R.

3 comments:

Jen said...

The Big Smackdown???

E.

Jen said...

You're a winner babe, have no doubt.

E.

blueayes82 said...

Hey bro, are you forgetting the only one who labels you a winner or not a winner is God & you, I already know that God labels you a winner. You have a beautiful ETERNAL family (including me, I mean, come on?), a great talent for the guitar, an amazing way of writing(which maybe some judges may not appreciate but leaving your writing as a legacy for your family will always be appreciated), and your best friend as your wife!! Not-to-mention, working, going to school, and still finding time to take care of your little ones on Sunday & whip up some brownies. In my book, you will always be a winner!!! I love you! Write on!!!