Thursday, November 22, 2007

So Ready to be Movin' On

Below: A Storm Brewin' in Mongolia. Yeah. I was there.
Really. I start in my new position on December 3rd, and I graduate on December 14th. But I am ready now. Now, I say. I don't want to spend all next week driving 2-1/2 hours a day to my dwindling-commissioned current job. I don't want to write about "how well the introduction to the essay drew me in." How is that for a Thanksgiving attitude? A little disappointing, I am sure. I had an exciting story idea the other night and I am anxious to get it written. I made a list of the books I've read or listened to lately that I have stuff to say about here and haven't yet done so. I am having the hardest time getting down to business with this final stretch of school and sales. That is just where I am at right at this exact moment in time.

3 comments:

Gretschzilla said...

When did you go to Mongolia?

riotimus said...

Welcome Zilla. Slummin' it, I see. You should know that I go regularly to Mongolia. I even wrote an poem about it:

In my mind I'm going to Mongolia

Can't you see the ponies

Blood drinkin' little cronies

It's sort of like an composite bow shooting arrows in your behind

Yes, I've gone to Mongolia in my mind.

So you see that I'm often there in Mongolia.

R.

Ben said...

Ah, Mongolia. Sounds like a refreshing place.

I hope your new position is all you hoped for.