Saturday, March 22, 2008

Three Points, or Maybe Four/ MS&T II

It will depend on how many I recall by the time I am done with this post.

1) I wrote 300 words this morning, moving right along with the Railhead story.

2) Where can I get one of those daily word count dealies that the Word Count Unioners all have on your pages?

3) You might wonder how I could be ranked so highly in my Shogun Wars posts and continually falling in the the link at the top of my page. The answer is that right now Shogun Wars has two games going: Genshu and Pheonix [sic]. Genshu is getting my main efforts, Pheonix [sic] is getting maintenance. Therefore I'm holding onto the top ten in Genshu and sinking like a stone in Pheonix [sic]. Perhaps the day will come when I do well in both. I'm not going to hold my breath.

4) Notice the nifty little music player to the right. I got it from my brother Zilla's new blog and loaded it with some of the music that I spoke of in my 25 album post a while back. If you haven't heard any of those songs I recommend taking a listen.

5) I finished The Dragonbone Chair. In update to my last post, I noticed that Binibak keeps dragging Simon along, but it is not because he is known to be the secret hier of the world, but because Binibak feels obligated to fulfill Dr. Morgenes request that he be looked after.

That's it for now. Write on.

R.

3 comments:

Ben said...

Glad you got your words written. I hope it feels good. The word counter is handled differently on Blogspot and Wordpress. From what I've heard, in Blogspot you have some kind of list function that you can add to your sidebar and then just type in what you need. This is what Theadra has done on her blog (Life is What You Make of It, Laugher is the Key). She might be able to help you if you need it.

Ing said...

Hey, good on you -- keep the writing going.

I noticed the music player on Friday (I think it was). Very cool. I followed the "create a playlist" link on it to see if I could get one, but it seems WordPress isn't friendly to these kinds of embedded deals. :(

There's a lot to like about WP, but it really is built more for people who know at least a bit about coding (and want to do some). Sometimes I long for the plug-and-play nature of Blogger/Blogspot.

Some impressions of the songs in the player:
-- I've heard more Seether on the radio and suchlike than I thought; I just didn't know it was them at the time. They're pretty good...but at the same time, I've never felt compelled to give a Seether song a second-third-fouth listen. Just personal preference, I guess.
-- I can see why you like Cross Canadian Ragweed. I hate country music in general (sorry), but there's some good stuff going on in those songs. "Alabama" was nice. (Just don't tell anyone I admitted that.)
-- Some good music flashbacks from the Candlebox and AIC tracks. And Metallica too (Eye of the Beholder kicks a**; a nice reminder that they actually have made some fine music in their time).

Well, I better quit. Don't want to totally monopolize your comment space. Besides, I need to maintain my own blog (feed the ravenous beast) and then do my fiction writing.

Stephanie said...

Ing, I've seen music player widgets for Wordpress out there. I found them searching Google for Wordpress widgets (hoping to find one to keep track of my word count).