Sunday, December 28, 2008

Revolution

I was looking back through my archives the other day and it took me back to my most prolific days when I was pounding out stories regularly, sending them out, and collecting my rejection slips. It was both invigorating and daunting. It led to a revolutionary decision.




There were two stories that for different reasons don't fall into my usual anti-epic story approach. One involved an unexpected meeting with a lot of pain and passion twisted up in the baggage. The other told of a later meeting, the political mess it leads to, and a daring rescue by the POV character's benefactor. Both were written in the first person.

So this is what I have decided to do: I am going to combine and re-write both of those stories into one with a third person POV. Time has also clarified some of the things that were issues to me when I initially wrote them and I hope to come out of it with a lengthy Writers of the Future entry. That's the plan. Wish me luck.

R.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Oh that's super, Riotimus. I'm really glad you've found a new twist to work with. Best of luck on the project... and all the words count, don't forget, as long as you remember to post them :-)
Liz

Ben said...

Cool! I hope the new story works out for you.

By the way, you left a song off the list: Revolution Calling by Queensryche.

Ing said...

Luck! :)

If it wasn't there before, you must have added Queensryche in, cause I was going to comment on how cool it is that you led with the best revolution song of the bunch. Either way, cool.

Mama said...

Write on, my son, write on. Its all in there just waiting to be spilled out on paper, you could also record your thoughts on certain matters. Happy New Year, it will be a great one!!!!!!

Shary said...

well this will age me but the Beatles got it right..