Friday, June 12, 2009

HD?

I just watched a news clip saying that 218,000 people will be joining me in losing TV reception this weekend. They implied that it was happening because of ignorance or poor judgment, and not a conscious choice or decision of protest.

HD, huh, what is it good for? Better picture, more channels, and better reception they say. But who are they really?

R.

P.S. I am writing again, trying to pound out a short story for a June 25th deadline. It feels good. With any luck there will be more posts on Write On about writing to go with my eclectic observations and ramblings.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

At 12:30 pm today, I became one of those 218,000 people.

Ben said...

I wouldn't really miss TV personally, but we got the digital converter box a while back anyway. The picture is better, except when the reception is bad. Wait, that sounds a lot like analog TV was to begin with. I guess we just need to get a better antenna.

riotimus said...

I'd say power to the people, but I don't think that means what I think it means.

R.