Friday, November 03, 2006

Contest Entry received and Another New Story - A Question of Courage

After the post I just made regarding my anxiety over ADIS being lost in the mail I almost immediately received this from WotF:


"This is to inform you that your story has been received and entered in the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future Contest, quarter ending September 30th. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after the quarter deadline for judging results to finalize. Good Luck! Judy, Contest Administrator"

So ADIS is really going to face the slap down on a national level this quarter. Hopefully it will represent itself with dignity win or lose, something I have yet to master myself.

Coming in at a little over 1300 words, my new tale, A Question of Courage, is yet another eccentric story of the un-epic. I am not sure I know what else to say about it, really. It came to me and I wrote it, or it tickled my fancy and I decided to scratch. In any case I cannot deny that it is there in its un-majestic way.

In other news, I find that I am liking some odd songs lately, ones that might in another age have bugged me. Lose Control by Evanescence is one, Eye by the Smashing Pumkins is another (however for SP there is no song better than Drown), and 37mm by AFI all have this rock/techno element that I know in past years I have probably railed against. Anyways, I recommend checking those tunes out if you get a chance.

R.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Send 'em on over. Over the internet that is, and I'll take a listen. ADIS will do great.

E.

Beth said...

I listened to the new Evanessence CD today, looking for the song lose control, but didn't seem to find it. I enjoyed the CD though. I like the last two songs on it.

riotimus said...

Lose Control is track 9, if you want to try again. It's funky, but I like it.

R.