Monday, November 13, 2006

To Turn on One's Own - Don't Read it While Eating

I completed towards the end of last week a draft of To Turn on One's Own, which came in a meaty 3,904 words. I won't elaborate on my advice, save to say that I restrained my artistic expression in the hut scene for those of you that might experience an enjoyment breakdown from descriptions of . . . shall we call it yucky stuff? So it will hopefully turn out as well as some as some of my others once it has been revised a few times. I enjoyed writing it and am pleased with the substance. For good or bad a full third of it is action, with the pre-captain being shown a good time by an ambitious squad-mate. If that isn't tempting enough there will be some trick riding, some intentional repetition, and a drawing up of lines.

I think I will post my Cather paper next time, but I think it may be a touch dry and formal for this setting. Any thoughts? I'd like to see a comment from Zilla, the sneaky blog reader who claims his internet isn't working and that is why he couldn't comment about something. But I'd like to see world peace too, like Pryderi from The High King, or world piece, like my own personal island nation, but I digress.

Good luck, and Write On

R.

No comments: