Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's Nice to Meet a Goal Now and Then

With the completion of a fun little story I call "The Captaincy", Tales from the Laughing Grass has now exceded 50,000 words. Translated into a book-sized format, that is between 170-210 pages. Not a huge book, I know, but The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde is only 198. O Pioneers by Willa Cather (read the in-depth analysis of some of her work in my archives) is about the same, so I am excited. It is also long enough that if I had made it there earlier I could have sent it in to the Jefferson Press Fiction Book Contest (I probably wouldn't have, for various reasons, but it was a goal none-the-less). So anyways, the stories keep stacking up. Thank you to all of you that have edited or otherwise encouraged my efforts in this regard. Write On.

R.

3 comments:

Karl said...

That's an exciting accomplishment. I look forward to reading the latest installments.

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!

E.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I am impressed. I can't seem to write even 10 pages, despite all my resolutions and schemes. I'm always excited to read more of your stuff.