Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Teaching Moment

The other morning the boys were asking E and I about who was the boss. I told them, "Think of our home symbolically as our country, the US of A. At a casual glance there might appear to be democracy and equality, but in the end you are like common citizens Mom and Dad are like the politico-corporate faction that pretty much do what we want with no repercussions from the likes of you." The analogy made perfect sense to them and there have been no more "boss" issues ever since.

R.

5 comments:

BA & Heavy D said...

LOL, that is hilarious, you need to post this story on the family blog too! Perhaps you can have the same discussion with my children when we are there! Love you, bro!

Jen said...

Good grief. Now you're just making things up. Brad just told me this morning that he's in charge. Nice try though.

;-)

E.

riotimus said...

So it is even more like the USA than I thought - in denial all the way to time-out.

R.

Beth said...

That gave me a good chuckle.

Ing said...

Heh. I think I'll memorize this and quote it to my kids. Or maybe it'd be better if I just printed it out and read it; less likely to make a mistake, and they might think it's authoritative, rather than just me talking. Hmmm....