Thursday, July 02, 2009

Too Rarely Heard

These are a couple of playlists I have put together, mostly for Ing, but anyone who has not given Metallica a good listen since the Black Album on account of what was getting played on the radio. The new album, Death Magnetic, I have posted almost in its entirity and the other playlist is a collection of deep cuts from Load, Reload, S&M, Garage, Inc., and St. Anger. To my knowledge none of those songs have been played on the radio unless someone was listening to one of those Metallica shows (Mandatory Metallica and its like).

Death Magnetic - This album, to me, is an amalgamation of all of the best sounds of Metallica. Some of my personal favorites are Broken, Beat, and Scarred and Cyanide, along with the first instrumental since Justice, Suicide and Redemption.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


The Metallicats - This should be a fun playlist. At least it is for me. Lots of Metallica but no tired radio tunes. It's heavenly. Bad Seed and Where the Wild Things Are be some of my favorites off of this list of favorites. I wanted Purify off the St. Anger album, but I couldn't find it on playlist.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Pleasant listening.

R.


1 comment:

Ing said...

Halfway through the Death Magnetic playlist...have to admit it's sounding pretty good so far. I still don't like Hetfield's voice much, but it's not as bad as my prejudice had built it up to be. :) I think the radio singles must all feature Hetfield's worst oversinging tendencies.

Anyway... More later when I've had time to listen to the rest. Gotta go bbq some hot dogs now.