Friday, April 27, 2007

Kurt Vonegut Fiction Prize Results

I bet you are all tired of finding out that I got rejected by someone else, but I did. So there. "A Day in the Sun" wasn't what they were after. Ah, well. I think it is safe to say that that is some reader's favorite of my work, so I don't take it personally.

Things have been crazy what with the end of my heaviest semester yet and a busy Spring in general. I have thought little about my fiction, and wrote even less. I hope that will change as I have on six hours worth of classes for the summer and three for fall. That is just a possible option based on how the employment situation turns out this summer after they close the doors of my current place of labor.

I am tentatively planning on entering WotF this quarter, but that will only happen if I have time to do a serious re-write of "Resurrection," which also hinges on how the next weeks/months go. So that's my writing report for now.

R.

3 comments:

Gretschzilla said...

Don't be afraid to fly your freak flag.

riotimus said...

Oh, I let my freak flag fly.

R.

Jen said...

Resurrection is a great choice for WotF, but don't ride on old laurels for too long honey. Time is a resource you'll have more of soon and I'm looking forward to the editting that will mean for me.

E.