Monday, April 09, 2007

"The Traveler's Gift" gets First Rejection

The Honors people sent me a form e-mail to let me know that my submission did not place in their little contest. I keep a file for each of my stories - in it I keep drafts, notes or e-mail conversations regarding the story, any awards or rejections the story earns. So now I have something for TTG's file.

The thing I try to remember in the face of getting shot down mercilessly is that when you send out stories, you get rejections, but if you don't send out stories, you never get prize money or publication. So I will keep submitting - because that is part of what it means to be a writer. Write on.

R.

3 comments:

blueayes82 said...

R, where do I read these stories again?? I'm sorry, I know you've told me, but I would like to give a fellow writers' opinion (lately I say that in the loosest sense of the word) instead of just the encouraging sister? It was good to see you this weekend for Easter, we'd love to see more of you next time. Love, little B

Jen said...

You're amazing, you know?! Keep it up babe!

E.

Ben said...

Words of wisdom that every writer should live by. I need to apply that to my life.