Monday, April 30, 2007

A New Novel Idea this Weekend



My ideas tend to fall into narrow categories - 1) Derthal stories long and short 2) Historical fiction stories long and short 3) the occasional current setting short story (like the one that was completely snubbed by Metaphor.

For some reason, this weekend I had an idea for a novel length suspense/mystery novel about a cowboy that, because of changes in the economy, finds himself becoming a dude wrangler running pack trips in the San Juan Mountains. He takes a nice yuppie family up into the high country and gets caught up an a plot of spousal murder. Not the most original plot, to be sure, but setting has got to count for something.

Anyways, I just thought I would let y'all know that now that classes are out I am thinking of new stories.

R.

3 comments:

Beth said...

That sounds like a good idea. I really like drama's and suspense filled stories. I'll read it happily!

Jen said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! I'd love for your dad to see them.

E.

blueayes82 said...

NICCEE!!