Friday, September 29, 2006

In the Mail...

Well, the moment has come and A Day in the Sun is safely in the mail on its way to LA. I wanted to post that for them as that wanted a follow up on where ADIS is at in the world. I also wanted to take a moment to show some appreciation. I have no illusions of grandeur: Writers of the Future is a national contest that undoubtedly receives thousands of entries every quarter with no restrictions on age or education. That’s a lot of PhD wielding sci-fi slingers to face off against for the R. I do have hope though, because of the reaction of people, also with a variety of age, education, and interest levels, who have read the story. Their encouragement is invaluable. A lot of work went into ADIS, by myself and others who really took off their jackets, rolled up their sleeves, and tore into this story. I want to say thank you to those that have added their efforts to mine to make ADIS the best story it could be. I will not name you and throw your names out into cyberspace, but you know who you are. If I have been the husband, friend, and brother that I try to be then you know. But I would like to stand before you (even though I am actually hidden behind this shield of 0’s and 1’s) and give my appreciation for helping me to have this chance, slim though it may be. Thank you.

R.

4 comments:

Beth said...

That's awesome Buck!

Jen said...

Now we just hold our breath for 10 - 12 weeks. I love you.

E.

Gretschzilla said...

I don't think you should try that.

Jen said...

(Laughing out Loud)

E.