Thursday, October 23, 2008

Beavis or Butthead

I felt like doing a presidential "Or What?" so I am slapping down a post I put on my family blog along with my associated comments. Feel free to add to and expound upon it.

Bad News

I can't hold it back any longer. I've seen the future, and it doesn't look good. After the elections this fall . . . politicians will continue running our country. I use the term "running" loosely. Very loosely.

R.

A family member talks about LOTR and how we should remain hopeful.

riotimus said...

Hope for the Presidency would be much easier maintained if it were Aragorn vs. Sauron instead of Grima vs. Denethor. Alas, a lot of us survived the seventies somehow, so who knows what may happen.

R.

A family member comments about being prepared for anything.

riotimus said...
It is good to be ready. Ready for anything. To throw out my analogy again from another angle, I wish that the options were Agent Mulder vs. the Cigarette Smoking Man. But what we've got is Agent Spender vs. Alex Krycek. And some people survived the Holocaust, so we'll probably be fine in the loosest sense of the word.

R.

riotimus said...
Expanding on that even more, I'd like to see Simon Snowlock vs. King Elias instead of Earl Fengbold vs. Skali Sharpnose. But then a lot of people lived through that California trainwreck a few weeks ago, so we'll probably be fine.

R.

2 comments:

Gretschzilla said...

I have quite a few co-workers writing in Gretschzilla. I've got a real shot with your support. This is a great post, though I don't know who some of your candidates are. Which one is Beavis,and which one is Butthead? just curious.

Anonymous said...

R said, "And some people survived the Holocaust, so we'll probably be fine in the loosest sense of the word."

This is funny in a weird, I'm afraid to admit it's funny because it is sooooo true, way. =)