Friday, February 02, 2007

a'viking

The typical viking ship held 32 Norsemen, was ten feet wide, and only had a 3-1/2' draft,
meaning that it could go anywhere that was 18' wide (for the oars), and 4' deep. Hence their domination of Europe for close to 300 years.


I'm a viking and I'll do what I want to

Do what I want to

Do what I want to

You could do too if you sailed for Cnut


That being said, I had this swell story idea about a Norseman that goes a'viking and does whatever he wants to. After all, it's 1000 ad and who's going to stop him? I'll call him Olaf, or Sven, or Aeric. I can see it now, with my minds eye.

I actually can't see anything else because I am doing a project at work that has blinded me. Honest, I am seeing squiggly-senseless-scratched lines everywhere. And I have to decipher the meaning. And due to the nature of the project I know that it's a big fat waste of time. But that kind of thought will get me nowhere, so I will just take a moment to feel the salty spray in my face while I go exploring with Olaf. Or Sven. Or Aeric. After all, it's 16:00 on a Friday in the _______ business and who's going to stop me? Write on.

R.

PS Feel free to Google Cnut, or the 11th Century if you didn't get my verse.

1 comment:

blueayes82 said...

Again, no idea what you are talking about...I'll try that unique affirmation statement...nothing to lose, right? BA