Monday, February 05, 2007

Riotimus vs. the Superbowl

Just wanted to take a moment to discuss the highlights of my Monday morning.

1) I walk into dispatch. There are drivers and my salesman standing around talking about winning and losing money and so on.

R: Was there a football game this weekend?

Crowd: (general hissing and booing) Just the Superbowl (spoken with condescension).

R: That's cool. Who won?

Crowd: (general hissing and booing)

Salesman: The Chicago Bears

R: I always liked the Bears

Crowd: (general hissing and booing)

I leave the room in turmoil, but I am strangely satisfied.






These fine graphs offer some stats on football injuries for them as that might be interested in that sort of thing.


2) At the water dispenser I overhear several people talking about the Superbowl. Everyone has their say and there is a long pause.

R: I decided to watch a Superbowl once, but when I turned on the TV it turned out to just be a football game.

Crowd: (general hissing and booing)

I go back to my desk and get back to work.

R.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I don't get the pie graphs.

E.

riotimus said...

They are statistics on football injuries.

R.

blueayes82 said...

Don't worry, E, didn't get the pie graphs either. Didn't the Colts win anyway? I actually enjoyed the bits & pieces in between cooking. Dustan has decided he is a football fan...I think he just doesn't like not knowing what happened when he goes to work...LOL. I still have to have someone watch with me, cuz on my own I only get the touchdowns! Love, little B

Gretschzilla said...

I think not knowing what happened in a football game is a good thing.

Jen said...

I concur.

E.

Beth said...

I like all the cool comercials, and all the food to eat at the superbowl get togethers. That's why I love superbowl Sundays with family.

riotimus said...

I'd eat the food. And if the Bronco's were playing I might even watch the game. Did you know that Superbowl Sunday overloads sewer treatment plants and they have to have reserve tanks to meet the volume? I think that stinks.

R.